Automatic Medicaid Re-Enrollment Ends April 1st
Beginning April 1st, 2023, the federal Medicaid program is beginning the discontinuance (ie, unwinding) of the COVID-19 era automatic re-enrollment, meaning you may need to take action to keep your Texas Medicaid coverage. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Texas has not disenrolled most Medicaid members, regardless of eligibility. For some, this comes to an end beginning on April 1st.
Texas will begin rolling out Medicaid redeterminations beginning April 1st, 2023, through December 31st, 2023. Texas HHSC is trying to prepare Medicaid participants for any action required on their part, and for the potential of losing Medicaid coverage. HHSC will send out renewal packets and requests for information through the mail, or send electronic notices to those who have signed up for them, to ensure you are still eligible for Medicaid coverage.
These envelopes will be yellow, with "Action Required" in red. You need to complete & return any information requested in order to determine eligibility and to continue your coverage. You can also log in to your account at YourTexasBenefits.com and click "Select Details" for information regarding your case. Members who no longer qualify for Medicaid in Texas will be referred to the Healthcare Marketplace for coverage options.
Renewal is typically based on when you first enrolled, however that can change under certain circumstances so be sure to visit www.YourTexasBenefits.com to check your renewal status.
What You Need To Do To Prepare:
- If you don't already have one, create an account at YourTexasBenefits.com
- Report any changes such as address, phone, pregnancy, or household members to ensure you receive the notices.
- The best way to do this is through the www.YourTexasBenefits.com account
- You can also submit changes by fax or mail, by calling 2-1-1, or going to your local HHSC office or community partner
- Check your mailbox or account for a request to re-apply for coverage or provide information for eligibility
- Respond promptly to any requests from HHSC so eligibility can be determined
- If you respond to renewal or information requests on time, your coverage will continue while your eligibility is determined
Medicaid Dental Insurance & Coverage
Find Great Children's Dental Care w/ Medicaid
At Midland Dentistry 4 Kids, we believe EVERY child has the right to quality dental care regardless of income. That is why we accept all Medicaid insurance plans in Texas through HHSC STAR programs & Managed Care Organizations.
Finding a great children's dentist near you that takes Medicaid shouldn’t be difficult. Our conveniently located office on Loop 250 Frontage Rd is easily accessible from across Midland and the surrounding area, and we are currently accepting new patients up to the age of 13.
We only see kids, so our office is geared towards making the experience at the dentist the best possible, from games in the lobbies to movies in the treatment rooms. Our staff is dedicated to providing high-quality dental care for children in a fun and family-friendly environment. We also encourage parents to be present with their children during appointments, not only for your child’s comfort, but also to keep an open dialogue between you and our staff for immediate feedback and tailored recommendations.
Book an appointment today at Midland Dentistry 4 Kids and see the difference kid-focused dental care can make!
Texas Medicaid Enrollment
- Determine eligibility: The first step is to determine if your child is eligible for Medicaid in Texas. Children under the age of 19 may be eligible for Medicaid if their family's income is at or below 211% of the federal poverty level. You can check
the income guidelines on the Texas Health and Human Services Commission website.
- Gather necessary documents: You will need to gather certain documents to apply for Medicaid, such as your child's birth certificate, social security number, and proof of income.
- You can apply for Medicaid online through YourTexasBenefits.com. You will need to create an account and complete the application.
- If you prefer, you can also apply for Medicaid in person at a local Health and Human Services Commission office. Click HERE to find the closest office.
- After you submit your application, you can check your status online. You may also need to provide additional information or documentation to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, you can contact the Health and Human Services Commission at 1-800-252-8263.
Texas Insurance Plans Available Through HHSC:
- Texas Medicaid
- STAR Kids
- Managed Care Organizations
- Aetna Better Health of Texas
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Community First Health Plans
- Community Health Choice
- Cook Children's Health Plan
- Dell Children's Health Plan
- Driscoll Health Plan
- El Paso Health
- Parkland Community Health Plan
- Texas Children's Health Plan
- Dental Maintenance Organizations
- MCNA Dental
- UnitedHealthcare Dental
Find more information & to see the complete list of Texas Medicaid insurance plans HERE